Thursday, February 7, 2013

Ipsy Series: Reviewing December

Three Ipsy bags in and I'm still loving it.  Now this month they provided subcribers with products that can make some great holiday looks.  I'm definitely digging the makeup bag they provided.  The quality seems a little nicer than the other bags I have received so far.  If you didn't catch my video check it out and let's get into my thoughts on this month's bag.

 
Check out the goodies!
 
 
Mirabella Prime for face and eyes
 
*Unfamiliar brand, first time trying anything from this product line
*Full size, retails for $29 (available at website listed below)
*Gel consistency
*Overall Impression: I was initially surprised by the gel consistency of the primer.  However I noticed an immediate difference in the coverage of my powder alone.  I tend to wear just a light to medium coverage powder on a typical day.  I used MAC Mineralized Skinfinish with this primer for my first time around...it was a light day for makeup that particular day and I received a compliment that same day.  I was told that I had a glow and was asked if I changed the brand of makeup I use.  Other times I opted to wear liquid foundation combined with powder the primer definitely made a difference.  Now typically I skip primer...that's just my personal preference, but this product has somewhat changed how I view primer.  I just might purchase this product
 
 
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On eye pencil
 
*Very familiar brand, I absolutely love their eyeshadows!
*Travel sized, full and travel size available at website listed below, you may also purchase this item at authorized retailers such as Sephora and Ulta.
*Very soft consistency
*Jet black
*Doesn't pull or tug at skin
*Smudges/blends easily
*Overall Impression: As usual Urban Decay delivers.  This pencil may replace my all time favorite.  It literally does what it says its going to do which is glide across your skin.  Smudges easily with your favorite pencil style brush.  The first usage won me over literally. 
 
Be A Bomshell Cosmetics Hot Mess Lipgloss
 
 *Semi familiar, first lip product from this product line
*Full size, retails for $14 (available at website listed below)
*Typical sponge tip applicator
*True red
*Overall Impression: I tried wearing this poduct two different ways...and the conclusion I arrived at is....this absolutely needs to be paired with a matching lipstick and liner.  Now I'm kinda funny when it comes to wearing red lip products...it's a hit or miss for me.  I just couldn't get into wearing it alone.  However when I paired it with MAC's  MAC Red lipstick and Rimmel's Red Diva lip liner it got real, lol. 
 

NYX Cosmetics Loose Pearl Eyeshadow- Black Pearl

*Familiar brand
*Full size, retails for $3 (available at website listed below, also authorized retailers such as PacSun and Ulta)
*Blends easily, can build intensity by layering
*Comes off easily with makeup remover
*Overall Impression: I like the loose pearl eyeshadows by NYX.  For one they are much more afforadable than a lot of other brands on the market.  I also like the fact the opening is not huge...ever spilled a MAC pigment?  You'll shed a tear or two over that one, lol. 
*http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/


Here's a swatch of Black Pearl
 
Mai Couture Highlighter Papier- St Barts
 
*Unfamiliar brand, never heard of it prior ro receiving it in my Ipsy bag
*Trial size, however this is quite a bit for it to not be a full size, retails for $28 (available at the website listed below, I also decided to include the where to buy list since there are mutiple retailers and other websites that carry this product line http://www.maicouture.com/pages/where-to-buy)
*Easier to use if you use a brush rather than applying the sheet directly to your face
*Overall Impression: I think this was a more than enough trial size in terms of the amount of sheets received...especially considering the cost of the full sized product.  I found it easier to apply this product by using a stiff face brush...just rub the brush against the sheet.  Great product, but I used it sparingly.
 




2 comments:

  1. I wanted to comment on your about part of this blog...you started off by saying chicas.....does that insenuate that I don't belong here lool.....just pulling ur leg Im quite the admirer of Natural hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, not at all. Although my target audience are women...men are welcome to read and offer their thoughts/opinions. So nice to hear you're an admirer of natural hair!

    ReplyDelete