Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Ipsy Series: Reviewing November

I'm back again reviewing November's Ipsy bag. Now I'm still a newbie to the Ipsy subscription but all in all I think I'm going to continue this subscription. I like the fact that the bag is different every month, sometimes you want to coordinate...all the way down to the cosmetics pouch in your handbag, lol. If you didn't catch my video for Novemeber's bag check it out and let's get straight into my thoughts.

Here's everything from the November Ipsy bag:


Starlet Cosmetics- black eye liner pencil
 
*Unfamiliar brand, first time trying it for myself
*Brand states to be paraben & talc free
*Full sized, can be purchased for $11 at the website listed below
*Soft and creamy makes for easy application
*Smudges easily for smoky eyes
*Found easy to remove (I used H2O eye makeup remover)
*Overall Impression: I think this is a great everyday use type of pencil.  Doesn't tug at my skin as I drag it across my eyelid.  Smudges easily with a pencil brush.  I like that it has a soft and creamy consistency.  The color payoff is decent.  I also like the idea that this brand is paraben and talc free.  The price is affordable and is a great quality pencil overall.
 
 
Nailtini nail lacquer- Millionaire
 
*Unfamiliar brand, first time trying it for myself
*Full sized, full size retails for for $13 (available at website listed below, select US retailers, and US salons)
*Typical packaging (box included)
*From the Speakeasy Lacquer collection
*Gold & teal tinsels within a rose-gold microglitter
*Overall Impression: I like this polish/lacquer for the unique combination of tinsels and microglitter.  I definitely plan to use this whenever I want a unique glittery look. (The polish I paired it with was Dress Me Up by China Glaze)
*www.tinibeauty.com

Chella Eyebrow Defining Gel

*Unfamiliar brand, first time trying for myself
*Trial sized, full size retails for $18 (available at website listed below)
*Masara wand type applicator
*Dries without flaking (product is clear)
*Overall Impression: Product does exactly its designed to do.  Tames brows with no effort.  Great product to use prior to filling in brows.  A little pricey for my personal taste and I'm not one of those people who feels like they absolutely must apply eyebrow gels.
*www.chella.com

Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss- Daredevil

*Familiar brand, however this is my first time trying it for myself
*Trial sized, full size retails for $18 (available at website listed, and authorized retailers)
*Typical sponge tip applicator
*Overall Impression: When worn alone it gives a high shine finish with a nice hint of color.  However it compliments lipsticks from the same color family.  The price is in the middle, believe me there are tubes of lipgloss that sell for $30 or more.  I plan to use to with lipstick every time I wear it.  Personally if I purchase lipgloss for color I want to see it without having to layer it on. 
*I tried it alone, which provided a high shine finish with very subtle color payoff.  I also paired it with Frosti lipstick by MAC and Current lip pencil by MAC.
*http://www.bareescentuals.com/

 
 
The Balm Cosmetics: Meet Matt(e). Matte Eyeshadow- Matt Batali
 
*Semi familiar brand
*I would consider this a single full sized eyeshadow.  (Available at the website listed below, however I noticed it only seems to be available as part of a palette)
*Deep color payoff, which is a bonus.
*So far I've only used this as an eyebrow filler and more than likely that's the only way I plan to use. 
*Overall Impression: Hands down I like it!  The rich color payoff works perfectly for the purpose I use it for which is filling in my eyebrows.  Pairs nicely with the Chella eyebrow defining gel.
 


 Overall I liked everything from this month's bag.  I can't say I like one thing more than the other because I was able to incorporate everything into a look at some point.  Well may be I like the Matt Batali matte eyeshadow the most because I can use it everyday.  Can't wait to see what December has to offer.

***DISCLAIMER: All thoughts and opinions are my own. I was not sponsored nor paid for my thoughts and opinions (by Ipsy). All content from this post are those of the author. Please do not take information from this blog without the expressed permission of the owner. I don't mind sharing just be sure to reference this blog. Thank you!***

**Also please pardon the tardiness of this review...me and Blogger have NOT been getting along lately, lol


No comments:

Post a Comment