Monday, November 30, 2015

curlBOX Body Volume II







Yet again curlBOX delivered exactly what I needed...when I needed it most.  The second volume was released during the summer months which I spent way more time at beach instead the blogging or filming YouTube videos but I promise you I used and I'm actually still using my products to their fullest potential. Honestly I didn't hear the same amount of buzz about this volume as I did volume one.  I'm not mad at contents of the box...everything was full sized. The theme was sun kissed and sexy...which was totally obtainable with the products selected.  


Photo Credit: www.olay.com

Olay Moisture Outlast Ultra Moisture Bar: 
The MSRP price ranges between $2.49-$6.99.  You can easily find this product at  drugstores, mass merchandise stores (like Walmart), supermarkets, club stores (like Costco), or online at Olay's website. The scent was a subtle shea butter type fragrance.  Here are the ingredients for those of you who like to know: Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Paraffin, Sodium Cocoglyceryl Ether Sulfonate, Glycerin, Water, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Magnesium Cocoate, Sodium Stearate, Coconut Acid, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Cocoate, Fragrance, Magnesium Laurate, Lauric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Laurate, Tetrasodium Edta, Etidronic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Peg-90m.  According to the packaging it says this soap claims it has 10x more moisturizers versus regular soap for smoother skin.  And it also claims it cleanses skin without leaving it dry.  My overall impression was a decent one.  I'm not a regular Olay user but I have used their bar soap in the past...so when I opened the box I thought the bar was a tad smaller from what I remembered. In stores it's 4 oz. per bar whereas this was 3.17 oz.  The fragrance was subtle enough that I could still use a body splash spray or perfume without it clashing.  It's super easy to find and its easy on the wallet.  I'm not too sure that it moisturizers better than other bar soaps that I've used but it definitely cleanses the skin without stripping it. 




Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex Hand & Body Scrub:
The price comes in at $9.99, but if you keep your eye out for those BOGO sales that stores like CVS or Walgreens has and you can rack up.  Thank me later!  Shea Moisture is found at drugstores, mass merchandise stores, and supermarkets.  As far as packaging goes...if it's a personal jar feel free to dip your hands in there...but if you're sharing you can use a mini scoop or even a disposable plastic spoon.  Charge that last sentence to my esthetician ways and having aseptic technique drilled into my head. I'll discuss my personal thoughts on scent in my overall impression.  Here are the ingredients for those who would like to know: Sugar, Safflower Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Theobroma Cocao (Cocoa) Seed Powder, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Jojoba Oil*, Vegetable Glycerin, Olea Eurpaea (Olive) Oil*, Coconut Shell Powder, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Proprietary Essential Oil Blend, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Fruit Extract, Raspberry Ketone, Lycium Barbarum (Goji) Fruit Extract, Green Coffee Extract, Psidium Guajava (Guava) Seeds *Certified Organic Ingredient.  This product featured the Superfruit Complex consists a mixture of red raspberry, goji, acai, and guava extract), mango butter, and green coffee bean extract.  These ingredients promote smoothness, provides moisture, and nourish the skin.  My overall impression: As a licensed esthetician I continuously preach the importance of exfoliation to clients.  So it's only right that I follow my own advice.  This scrub is the perfect consistency as it's not too aggressive.  The fragrance for this was a tad strong for my personal taste but once I started using it weekly it grew on me.  It's easy find but I recommend calling first because each store carriers different products.  I can't purchase it at the store closest to me but it's available at store that's slightly farther away.  I used this scrub as part of my weekly paraffin treatment for my hands and feet.  I simply washed my hands, gently work the scrub into my hands (or feet), washed if off, followed up with a rich moisturizer, then proceeded to perform a paraffin dip.  This product is also great for keeping troublesome areas like knees and elbows soft and smooth.  For my body I scooped some out and put it in one of those little small plastic cups to make easier to maneuver in the shower.  I'm a Shea Moisture fan so I would definitely recommend their hand and body scrub from the Superfruit Complex collection.  I always keep a jar of their scrub in my stash.  




Palmer's Eventone Sun Care Collection: 
I'm going to do this a little different since all products are from the same line.  First things first...I've only physically spotted this at Walmart.  I could not find a price for the product that's made specially for the face ANYWHERE...not even online. However the Balm retails for $5.97 (Walmart) and the lotion retails for $7.47 (Walmart).  All of them have that distinctive smell that sunscreen has...gag!  The ingredients varied among the products:

Moisturizing Sunscreen for Face
Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 15%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2.7%, Oxybenzone 6% 
Inactive Ingredients: Acacia Senegal Gum, Arcylates/C10-30 Alkyl Arcylate Crosspolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Butylene Glycol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cholecalciferol, Coco Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disodium EDTA, Ethyhexylglycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Polyester-8, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Water (Aqua) Xanthan Gum, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil. 

Moisturizing Sunscreen Lotion:
Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 15%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2.7%, Oxybenzone 6%
Inactive Ingredients: 
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, c12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Carbomer, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, Myristyl Alchol, peg-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Tetradosidum edta, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tochopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Water (Aqua), Xanthan Gum. 

Moisturizing Sunscreen Balm: 
Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 15%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2.4%, Oxybenzone 6%

Inactive Ingredients: 
Beta-Carotene (Cl 40800), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Isopropyl Myristate, Microcrystalline Wax, Mineral Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil.
Now onto the what these products are labeled as far as deliverance: no white residue, water resistant, broad spectrum, Cocoaplex™ technology, Sun Protection Factor, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil.
 
My overall impression: Although I talk about the importance of protecting the skin from sun damage via the use of sunscreen...I loathe wearing it myself.  But I'm a big girl so I do what I know is best and wear it anyways.  It's the smell that gets me...all sunscreen stinks to me.  The only product that remotely smelled more like cocoa butter was the balm.  Which I didn't care for because it reminds of straight shea butter.  My skin prefers water based products...I preferred the lotion over the balm.  Now if you can apply thicker products without issues you should be ok with the balm.  The prices for these products aren't bad...about average for sunscreen.  Now sunscreen only works if applied properly...I see people doing it incorrectly at the beach all the time.  There's a reason why you have to put it on 15 minutes before going outdoors.  It has to have time to allow UV filters have time to soak into your skin and form a protective layer.  If you're going to be outdoors for an extended period of time you need to go back indoors (if feasible) and wait 15 minutes, reapply, and wait an additional 15 minutes.  Especially if you're in and out of water.  Broad Spectrum is great because you're being protected from UVA and UVB rays.  No white residue if you take the time to rub it in well. As you read the ingredients list is rather long for all of them.  Would I purchase it? Possibly but more than likely I will opt for something a little more on the natural side...I literally ran out of sunscreen a week before that box arrived and it carried myself, my child, and friends who needed it over the summer and I still have plenty left over.  My child applied this every time she went outdoors.  

Overall the box had great products to keep you right for the summer.  The products totaled up to be a little over $26 and that's without the price of the Palmer's moisturizing sunscreen for face.   


07/18/15 #GirlsBeachDay757 at Buckroe Beach




07/26/15 Chick's Beach



No comments:

Post a Comment