Sunday, November 22, 2015

curlBOX Body

   


So curlBOX has released another non-subscription box that's a one hitter quitter.  The curlBOX body was an instant hit with me.  First of all the selection of products was everything.  I enjoyed using all of the products.  
 
This box contained six full-sized items.  Which for $30 isn't a bad deal considering what these items would have cost individually.  Let's get down to what's inside!  

Image Credit: www.carolsdaughter.com
 
Carol's Daughter Almond Cookie Sulfate-Free Cleansing Gel:
The first item I tried was the Carol's Daughter Almond Cookie sulfate-free cleansing gel.  The scent is perfect for me...not too strong and not too subtle.  You can find this product at the Carol's Daughter site and places like Walgreens, Target, and Sally's Beauty.  The price of $10 is great considering that you're getting 12 fl oz.  I wouldn't considered myself to be an ingredients nazi but I do know ingredients can influence a purchase.  Here are the ingredients for those who are interested: Water (Aqua), Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol.  
My overall impression:  The fragrance was light and sweet and just right.  This cleansing gel makes tons of suds without stripping the skin.  I would recommend and repurchase this product.  When layered with dry oil and shea soufflé from the same collection it's the perfect combination.  And being sulfate free is always great.  Which leads me to the next product I tried. 


 
Carol's Daughter Almond Cookie Dry Oil Body Spray:
The Carol's Daughter Almond Cookie Dry Oil Body Spray was the very next product I tested.  I opted to use mine after showering while my skin was still wet to seal in moisture.  The fact that it's in a spray bottle made it easy dispense.  The fragrance didn't vary from the other items I tried from this collection.  Every once and I while I find that items from the same collection do not necessarily have the same intensity.  This can also be purchased from retailers such as Walgreens, Target, Sally Beauty, and the Carol's Daughter website.  Here are the ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Fragrance (Parfum), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Euterpe Oleracea (Açai Berry) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract.  My overall impression: I really like the packaging...the fact that it's easy to dispense won me over.  The light and sweet fragrance compliments the cleansing gel perfectly.  It absorbs easily into the skin.  A little goes a long way.  I would definitely recommend and repurchase.  Combined with the shea soufflé you can't go wrong.  Also the fact that it doesn't contain silicone, parabens, petroleum, mineral oil, or artificial colors is a plus. 


Image Credit: www.walgreens.com

Carol's Daughter Almond Cookie Shea Souffle:
The final Carol's Daughter product that I tested from this box was the Shea soufflé.  This can found Target, Walgreens, and the Carol's Daughter site.   This was the final layer of products used and it was perfect because you can smell it and not think its overboard.  Sometimes fragrance layering can be a bit much depending on the scent.  Here are the ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetearyl Alcohol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Isododecane, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Beta-Carotene, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 60, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Steareth-2, Laureth-7, BHT, Aminomethyl Propanol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Benzoic Acid, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol.  Here's my overall impression: I usually swerve on thick moisturizers because I don't care for how they sit on my skin.  Rather than absorb it tends to just sit on top and feel greasy.  I also tend to avoid fragranced lotions because they tend to not to agree with my skin.  I've always had this issue since childhood days. This is the very first fragrance lotion that has not caused any issues for me. It's non-greasy, absorbs perfectly, and the fragrance is not obnoxious.  Initially when I stuck my fingers in the jar I thought hhhhmmm this feels a bit on the thick side.  But once I rubbed it on the back of my hand it was the perfect consistency. 

My overall thoughts of the Carol's Daughter products in this box was that it was a great selection and I wouldn't mind be purchasing any of it.





OGX Miracle In-Shower Oil: 
I'm just going to jump straight into my overall impression.  I loved this product from the first use for various reasons.  The packaging made it not only easy to dispense but also easy to control the amount of product you actually use.  This is a huge plus using it in the shower.  The fragrance is light and sweet.  I honestly didn't bother applying any fragrance afterwards.  It's easy to find at retailers such as CVS, Rite Aid, Target, Ulta (rack those points up), Walgreens, and Walmart...Sometimes you need to be able to run out and grab what you need rather than be restricted to only being able to purchase it online.  The prices varies from about $5.99 to about $8.99 depending on where it's purchased.  I just can't say it enough how much I loved this.  Here are the ingredients for those who are interested: Cyclotetrasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Silk Amino Acids, Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum), Red 17 (CI 26100), Yellow 11 (CI 47000).    I loved this product from it's fragrance to it's purpose.  Obviously used after showering to seal in moisture.  I definitely plan on repurchasing.  Honestly I was on the fence about using a fragrances oil to seal my skin.  Typically I use coconut oil to seal my skin but OGX was a nice switch up from the norm.  It absorbed well without irritating my skin. 




Secret Clinical Strength Clear Gel:
This came at the perfect time.  The weather was beginning to heat up which for people like me who sweat profusely causes you to think twice about what you may wear to avoid those embarrassing sweat stains.  It's clear so no need to worrying about deodorant marks getting on darker clothing.  The completely clean scent was very subtle.  There are four scent options available in the gel.  It's deodorant so you can run out to the drugstore, grocery store, or a mass retailer to find it.  The price is around $8. Here are the ingredients:
Overall Impression: Technically you're supposed to apply at bedtime because it works while you sleep to reduce that annoying excessive perspiration.  Did I use it that way?  No.  It is still work for me?  Yes.  I tested this deodorant on days I knew I would be super sweaty.  I've always accompanied my daughter on field day which this year was brutal.  There wasn't a cloud in the sky and it was in the upper 80s.  My under arms remain dry while the rest of me was practically drenched with sweat.  There are also a few outdoor festivals that I attended and decided to reach for this and it worked.  As I've grown older I've noticed I perspire much heavier and let's just keep it real... It's not cute and can be embarrassing at times.  I plan on using this again when summer rolls back around. 



Harlem Soap (Patchouli & Lavender)
Exclusively available at http://harlemsoap.bigcartel.com.  Initially I thought it was a heavily fragranced soap simply because it was the first item I could smell when I removed my curlBOX from the shipping box.  But once I used it I instantly changed my mind... It gently filled my entire upstairs with its fragrance without being overwhelming.  What I like the most about this so it was after using it I didn't need to use fragrance.  It didn't leave my skin feeling stripped and lathered nicely.  Both fragrance components alone are too strong by themselves for my personal preference.  However together they level each other out nicely.  The price is great as well...only $6 for a 4.5 oz bar.  And the ingredients are so simplistic:  Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Organic Palm Oil, Fresh Goat Milk, Organic Sunflower Oil, Shea Butter, Patchouli & Lavender Essential Oils.  They have other charities available as well.  I definitely plan to purchase from them in the future. 

Overall the first volume of curlBOX body was an instant winner for me.  Money well spent!  Mind you It's November and sadly I'm just now getting around to writing this yet I still have plenty of the Carol's Daughter Almond Cookie Cleansing Gel and the Dry Oil and the Secret deodorant.  As usual Myleik selected great products for this debut box. 

2 comments:

  1. This is nice!!!! Clean, professional, inviting and informative! Bravo Chica ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed reading my post. Stay tuned for the curlBOX body volume two review.

    ReplyDelete